sexta-feira, 15 de fevereiro de 2008

SWCP Entrevista Shannon 'Mara Jade' McRandle: Conclusão

Concluímos hoje a apresentação da entrevista que a Shannon McRandle, VIP do SWCP, nos concedeu e cuja primeira parte foi divulgada no passado dia 11 de Fevereiro. SWCP: Have you been following Mara Jade's life on the EU? Do fans tell you about it when they meet you? SHANNON: I read the first books and comics, but I haven't read anything since. My kids don't give me much time to read for fun. I do follow what happens to her through fans and e-mails, etc.. I'm always curious as to where she goes...I did not like the fact that they killed her, and believe she could have had a much longer life in the universe. SWCP: Your character was first best known as Emperor Palpatine's 'Emperor's Hand', a Force-attuned character with a very specific agenda (to assassinate Luke Skywalker). As a person, how did you feel when she's turned from Luke Skywalker's persecutor (sorry for the term) to his beloved wife? SHANNON: I liked her better when she hated him...she was fun, clever, exciting. She's a more lovable character as his wife, and it's nice they gave him one, but the first stories were the best for me. SWCP: Mara Jade is viewed by many female fans as a great example of the strong women that are a hallmark of STAR WARS ever since Princess Leia took control of her own rescue mission in Episode IV. Do you think strong female roles in STAR WARS and science fiction in general are important to change mentalities? SHANNON: There have always been strong women. It's just now that you can be strong, smart, motivated AND sexy or beautiful. I think having more characters like this just makes the world of Sci-Fi more well rounded. I think SW may have been a little behind on the curve, but it's nice they have caught up! SWCP: Are you aware of the latest developments in EU novels about Mara Jade? Did anyone already tell you already what has happened to you (Mara) in recent developments? Do not worry; we will not spoil you for those, if you did not… But if you do, how will you include them on Mara Jade's Bio on your official site? SHANNON: Yes, I read the spoilers before the novel came out. I don't need to read the novel. SWCP: Do official authors who use your Mara Jade character ever come back to you to let you know they wrote or draw her (Mara)? SHANNON: Every so often an artist may send me an e-mail. It's always nice to know so that I can find it and see for myself. Writers never tell you anything, and no one is under any obligation to tell you or even to use my image. Sometimes you see pics of Mara, like on the latest novel, that have nothing to do with me. SWCP: As you know, STAR WARS is about the (re)enter the world of television with a series not entirely disclosed in terms of main story (we only now it's set between episodes III and IV of the movie saga). But it's already official that a certain bounty hunter (Boba Fett) will feature in it. Would you accept a role in the TV series, if you were to be invited to perform as Mara Jade in any of the episodes? Did that already happen, by the way? SHANNON: I haven't been asked to do anything and don't know if they would consider me. I'm not an actress. I've done plenty of commercials, but that’s different than learning lines for a tv show. If it were a small part, I'd love to have it. Or at least try out for it. If it were a regular part and required a great deal of good acting, it's not for me. I'm not certain they would call me regardless!!!! The fans need to let them know that Mara should be in it and I should be that Mara!!!! You all have way more power than I ever would, and they listen if enough fans talk! SWCP: One final question: did you ever visit Portugal? Would you be willing to return or grace us STAR WARS fan with a first visit? SHANNON: I have never been there, but have heard it's very beautiful. I would love to come at any time they do an official event and can have me! SWCP: Let's call this a wrap. Loads more questions could've been asked, though. Shannon: on behalf of the SWCP club we thank you very much for your time, for joining us and for lending one of the dearest STAR WARS characters such a pretty face. Thank you. SHANNON: Thank you. Good luck with everything. Thanks so much for thinking of me!!!! Assim concluímos mais esta entrevista, com renovados agradecimentos da comunidade portuguesa de fãs à Shannon pelo inesquecível papel que tem na família STAR WARS. Thanks, Shannon! A 1ª parte da conversa pode ser acompanhada aqui.